- So this morning Hallie found a travel cup full of mini chips ahoy cookies somewhere in the living room. She proudly marched in to the kitchen and proclaimed "COOKIES!". I said "It's time for breakfast, what would you like?" Obviously her answer was "cookies" while presenting me with the cupl. I said "You can't have cookies for breakfast". She thought about it and said "eggs". Well she had eggs yesterday so I wanted her to mix it up a little. Would you like pancakes?...."Eggs"....."Pancakes Hallie"....."Eggs".....you get the picture. "We" decided on pancakes (frozen Eggo style, I'm good but not that good). After I got them all fixed and cut up I sat her up in her chair at the counter and put the cookies on the table behind her. She turned around and saw them and asked "cookies?". I said "after you finish your breakfast you may have a few cookies". She thought about it, looked at me, slid her plate across the counter and said "all done!" with the biggest smile you have ever seen. Just for the record, I won and she ate every bite of her pancake.
- Tonight we are taking the girls to VeggieTales Live. That's right they get to see Bob and Larry live and in person. Natalie is actually really excited for a change. She used to be afraid of all things in costume. We'll see how she does. I think it will blow Hallie's little brain that Bob and Larry are on the stage in front of her. Full report tomorrow. :)
- During the pancake "war" this morning Natalie got up at the counter to eat her breakfast while Hallie was still in the "I'm not eating no matter what" phase. So I asked Natalie "Will you please tell your little sister to eat her pancakes?" Natalie assumed the voice and said "Hadgie Bear (our nickname for her) eat your pancakes so you can grow big and strong like mommy and daddy." She cracks me up.
- I love my girls.
10 Things You Should Register For
9 years ago
2 comments:
I hope you enjoy the VeggieTales live show!
-Shannon from VeggieTales :)
I love your updates...it makes me miss the girls that much more though.
Post a Comment