- We have a tattle-tale umongst us. Hallie is ratting out her sister, even when there is nothing to rat out! Last night she came out from Natalie's room crying. We asked her what happened and she said "Nanee....push....no,no! (complete with a finger wag)" So mommy took Hallie back to Nat's room and talked with Nat about what happened. About five minutes later Hallie comes back, fussing again. So again Sara says "What happened Hallie?"
- "Nanee.....book"
- "I don't think she took your book did she? Can you find a baby to play with?"
- Hallie hesitated, then said "Nanee...push....no,no!" That's right, she realized we weren't going to get mad at Natalie and so she thought of a reason that we had previously talked to Natalie and brought it up again hoping to get Nat in trouble! She is too smart for her own good.
- The fair last weekend was excellent as always. Hallie was a little fussy but overall not too bad. She just was mad because sister was big enough to ride the carousel and she wasn't. Natalie let us go see some animals first and have dinner before she went on the rides. Didn't eat anything too exotic, Pronto Pup, Roasted Corn, and capped off the night with Call Hall Ice Cream from under the grandstand. For those uninitiated Call Hall is a building at K-State that makes their own ice cream and it is FANTASTIC!
- Pick for the KSU game: KSU 30 UCF 20
- As I've mentioned previously Natalie likes to play the Wii and often that includes the balance board. Hallie isn't allowed to stand on it while Nat is playing. She went in to the corner by the couch and we didn't think about it too much. But pretty soon we look over and she is standing on the Wii box and doing the motions that big sister is doing. She just made her own board, no problem. :)
- I can't believe what celebrity in this country has become. It makes me sad that anyone can become a celebrity just by being an idiot and getting on TV. What is celebrity anyway? Why are people on TV any different than the rest of us? Why do their opinions matter? Is it because they make more money than us? Why do they make that money, it isn't because they are any better than us I know that. This country needs God more than ever.
- I struggle with worrying about what others think of my opinions or things I do. If I make a mistake and people laugh I have a really hard time letting it go. If people in a room are whispering and then start laughing I immediately wonder if it is about me or something I said. I have gotten better but it is a personal struggle. I wish sometimes that I could just be one of those people that doesn't care what others think, I am just going to be me. But that isn't the case.
- I am not insinuating that anything about me is fake. I love Jesus, I love my family, I love sports, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't appreciate conversations about drinking. I don't see the fun in getting so drunk that I am sick the next morning and can't remember what I did the night before. It is just baffling to me how that is fun. I don't get it. Call me a goody goody, call me whatever you want, I am done caring what anyone thinks, because if this changes your opinion about who I am then you didn't really know me anyway and weren't really a friend to begin with.
- I am not perfect. I have issues that I struggle with just like everyone else. Please don't take the previous paragraph as a holier than thou stance or attitude. It's just something that's been weighing on me lately and I needed to say it.
10 Things You Should Register For
9 years ago
2 comments:
I think you are wonderful the way you are!!!
Did you give Hallie the Wii box to stand on while Natalie was doing her thing?
I totally get what you're saying about wishing you didn't care what people think. Our pastor recently preached a sermon about negative self-talk and how we take the things people say and do and often assume the worst, putting ourself down. It was a GREAT message. I struggle with that stuff a lot and really learned a lot from what he said. I could send you the link to listen to it or read it online if you're interested.
Side note, I think you're great! I'm so glad you're my cousin...
Post a Comment