I really should update this site more than once a week and I definitely need to add more pictures. I will try to do better. I have no excuses, I owe it to all 10 of you who read this to do better. I appreciate that you care about our family and hope you will keep checking back, you never know when something new might come up.
Hallie is doing amazing. She eats about every three hours and is awake at just the right times from about 8:30 - 11 in the morning and from about 8 - 11 at night. Then she sleeps in her basinette unlike her big sister. We could never get Natalie to sleep in that thing, maybe one or two nights is all. Hallie on the other hand sleeps like a rock in there and usually gets up somewhere between 2-4 depending on when she gets her last bottle before we go to bed. She eats and USUALLY goes right back to sleep about 30 minutes after she gets up. Sometimes she has the hiccups or a dirty diaper that keep her awake a little longer, but she has only had one or two nights with a 3 hour marathon in the middle of the night.
Natalie is so excited about being a flower girl. Just this morning we asked her where we were going tonight and she said "You tell me" which is her form of "I don't know". We said "Kansas City" and she said "For the wedding! I am going to walk down the aisle". I asked her what she was going to do walking down the aisle and she said "drop petals out of my basket." This might just happen. We'll see. :) She has also started the "Why?" phase. I am sure all of you moms can relate to that one. "Natalie pick up your toys please?"...."Why?" "I have to go to work now"....."Why?" "You need to eat your dinner"...."Why?" "We don't pick boogies and hand them to daddy."...."Why?" You get the picture.
This weekend we had a bit of a dilemma. If we go out of town usually one set of parents is home to watch Wrigley for us. Well they are both going to the wedding this weekend and we didn't know who to ask. That's right, we are bad neighbors and didn't even know any of them well enough to ask. I eventually asked the 8th grader next door if she would do it and she said she would love to. They have four dogs, so we know they love them. Wrigley has met her all of twice so it will be interesting to see how that goes. I hope my dog behaves herself.....
It will also be interesting to come home on Monday and see how many ants we have in our kitchen. They get worse and worse every day. It started with just a couple. We thought we saw where they were coming in and so we sealed it up and thought we had 'em beat. Wrong. There were more. Saw where those were coming in from, sealed that spot up....wrong again. This morning was the worst. It was something out of a horror movie. I am just glad they weren't giant ants. Luckily I had a can of Raid and some bait traps. It took awhile to get them all but I got 'em...for now. We'll spray again before we leave and leave the traps out and pray. I am just hoping there is no sequel when we get home on Monday.
Well, we are taking our first trip as a family of four tonight. It shouldn't be too bad since we will have SO many people up there willing to help. I will try and update this a couple of times over the weekend and let you know if indeed Natalie walked/ran/crawled/cried down the aisle. :)
10 Things You Should Register For
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment