Monday, February 9, 2009

Room is ready!

This weekend we put the finishing touches on the nursery.  Sara had purchased a few animals and a phrase from Upper Case Living.  They are letters/animals on a transfer sheet that you put on the wall, rub down and peel the paper away.  It looks like we are very artsy and creative with a paint brush when really we have the ability to rub a piece of paper. :)  The phrase is "From small beginnings come great things" and it is surrounded with an elephant, giraffe, hippo, and a zebra.  It turned out really, really well and looks really good above the crib.  Pictures will be added of the entire nursery tonight when I have access to them.

The rest of the weekend was fun as well.  Friday night we went to the high school basketball game.  It was Homecoming and the queen ceremony was at halftime so Natalie got to watch that.  Before it started I told Natalie that girls would be coming out in Cinderella dresses.  She was fascinated by the whole process and when the first girl got to her escort at mid court, Natalie said "Are they going to dance?"  It was the sweetest thing.  On Saturday, Natalie came to visit me at Upwards while I was officiating and she even helped us clean up afterwards.  She was helping grandpa stack the chairs. :)

So one more weekend off the books brings the count down to three weeks left.  There is no way this kid is waiting that long.  I just don't see it happening.  There was a due date of Feb 22 on one of the early sonograms, but the Doctor said he wasn't going to change the date from March 1.  Now Sara and I aren't so sure the Feb 22 wasn't accurate.  Maybe that's just wishful thinking... :)

No comments: