She made her arrival on Sunday, Feb 22 at 11:33 a.m. It was a whirlwind of a morning. Sara got up at 5:30 having contractions and woke me up at 7:00 which is normal time for us to get ready for church. She woke me up by saying "We are going to have a baby today." I said, "OK, great, I'm going back to sleep." Not really, I wouldn't do such a thing. The first thing I asked was how far apart the contractions were. She didn't know because she hadn't been timing them. So I timed a few and they were 45 seconds long and 2 minutes 45 seconds from start to start. We decided it wasn't time to head to the hospital just yet. We called Sara's parents in KC and told them to come home and we called my parents and told them they would have Natalie duty. :) About 8:30 we decided it was time to go to the hospital. When we got there Sara was diolated to a 5 and so we were definitely staying and having a baby that day. They about 10:15 she was a 7 and I talked with the parents again. My parents decided to take Natalie to church because we figured it would be 2:00 or later when we had this baby. Sara's parents would have plenty of time to get back, it would all work out great. About 11:00 the nurse said "I am going to check you again, you're contractions make me think you are going pretty fast and you are a lot further along than a 6." Well she checked and Sara was complete and it was time to start pushing. They called up all the doctors and nurses that needed to be there and our room went from just Sara, me, and the nurse to 10 people in under 5 minutes. Sara pushed three times through the first contraction and the doctor wanted her to keep pushing with no contraction so she pushed two more times. By that point the resident had a hold of the head and they said one more ought to do it. Sure enough on the next contraction Sara pushed and Hallie joined our world forever. :) It was only 11:33. At 11:35 Sara's mom called to get an update as they got in to Wichita. I had to step outside and tell them that they baby was here and everything was okay. I called my parents and told them to come to the hospital. Mom answered in the middle of church (she had permission from the pastor :) ). When they all got there, I told Natalie and she turned around to them all and said "I have a new baby sister." It was a crazy morning and so much faster than with Natalie. The whole experience was faster because we went home at 2:00 the next day. With Natalie we went to the hospital on Friday night and didn't come home until Monday morning. This time we were ready and glad it all went so fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment