- KU got lucky. Can't believe the refs called that foul. It wasn't a foul. Two kids going hard for a loose ball both out of control. That's not a foul with 7 minutes left much left 0.7 seconds. Oh well.
- Speaking of the Jayhawks. If I have taught Natalie one thing it is that we don't like KU. She routinely says "boo KU!" whenever someone even brings them up. However she may not know exactly what she is looking for quite yet. See she has problems distinguishing between this and this. It is always interesting to be sitting on the couch watching the Chiefs and hear "boo KU" as Natalie watches. I say "no, no, sweetie, that's KC not KU, we like KC. Go Chiefs!" It has no effect really as we have gone through this exercise about 20 times this season.
- Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Somehow I tied this to Christopher Columbus and George Washington in our small group the other night. Wait, I'll get there, I promise. Faith is belief in the unseen right? No one around today saw either Christopher Columbus or George Washington, but we read about them in a book and everyone accepts it as historical fact. We can go see the documents signed by George Washington. We see the battle fields where he fought. Columbus goes a little farther back but we still accept as fact that he existed and did what everyone said he did. He sailed across the ocean, saw India, said hi to the natives, miss named them, and the rest is history. So at what point does historical fact become faith? Is it when we run out of documentation of events? Why are so many people willing to accept what happened in the 1400's but not the events that happened from 0-100? Do they think people started making stuff up? Why is the Bible not taken as historical fact? Did that many people really conspire to make up a story? At what point do non-believers think that somebody decided to write a 1000 page book about a man who never existed??? I wonder what event non believers feel started the years at 0? So at what point did the Bible become a faith book and not a fact book? 500 AD? 1000 AD? 1975? I choose to view it as a historically accurate depiction of my God and His Son Jesus Christ. I take it as fact. I guess I have a lot of faith.
- If you have answers to the above questions or something you want to enlighten me on, leave a comment or send me a note. I would love to know if anyone has any good resources on this stuff.
10 Things You Should Register For
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment