Saturday, April 18, 2009

Cinderella Round 2

Today we had a fitting for Natalie with Grandma Sue for her flower girl dress for Auntie Em's wedding in June.  In the short time since she last was a flower girl, I forgot just what it does to a daddy to see his baby girl in a beautiful princess dress.  Since this was a fitting, the dress wasn't hemmed and so it scraped the floor hiding Natalie's feet.  That meant that when she walked it just looked like she was gliding along like an angel.  Add to that the fact that Sara is a bridesmaid and was also wearing her dress and lets just say it's a good thing I got a preview before I see them walking down the aisle in June.  This fitting went MUCH better than the last one, in fact she like it so much she didn't want to take it off, but we made her don't worry Aunt Em she won't be wearing it before the big day. :)  Before she got out of it she told me that she was Cinderella and that I could be her prince and asked me to dance with her.  Man that kid knows how to get her daddy.

This afternoon Natalie had one THOSE sneezes.  You know the kind where the boogie comes out and goes to about her belly button.  All of you parents know what I'm talking about.  Anyway, she went to brush her hair back and grazed the dangling rubbery goo with her hand and got some in her hair.  As I got a kleenex to wipe her off she looked at me and said "Oh.   Daddy.  I have sneeze in my hair"  I laughed so hard I almost couldn't wipe her off.

Natalie is also still loving her baby sister.  She constantly wants to be around her and go check on her.  She also gives her hugs and kisses and likes to try and make her smile.  She also comforts Hallie when she's crying, often saying "It's okay baby sister, don't cry."  Hallie is starting to smile.  I forgot just what it feels like the first time your child smiles at you on purpose.  It's amazing, that's all I can say.  She doesn't smile alot and it doesn't last very long.  She sometimes needs help so we have to tickle her face to make her muscles react and form a smile, but hey it's still sweet! :)

I guess I haven't written since Easter so I will fill you in on that.  It was BUSY.  Honestly it was so busy I forgot to slow down and enjoy the day.  The weekend started with an Easter Brunch at my mom's house with her side of the family.  It was a blast and the weather was gorgeous.  Natalie and her cousin Destiny had a great egg hunt in the back yard and a real live Easter bunny was hopping around in the back yard as well.  Mom had found some "eggs" shaped like animals and she thought Natalie would love them...not so much.  Natalie didn't want any animal "eggs" in her basket.  She would pick them up and throw them back down, even once she realized they had candy inside.  My dad snuck one in while she wasn't looking.  Five minutes later I hear "Hey, what's that doing in here?  I don't WANT animals!" and she chucked it back on the ground.  It was an excellent start to the day.  After that we went to Sara's parents to see Uncle Eric and Aunt Christina while they were in town.  We had a nice dinner and enjoyed spending time with them.  Natalie got to have a solo Easter egg hunt there.  She liked it but started to slow down and had to have grandma help her finish.  She liked it well enough but the long day was starting to wear on her.  Easter Sunday was wet here just like most of Kansas.  Church was packed but the service was nice.  That evening we went to Aunt Penny's house for the Hunt Easter celebration.  With the weather being so wet we had the egg hunt there inside.  With this being Natalie's third egg hunt she was pretty much done.  She didn't want anything to do with it, she just wanted to play with toys.  So we got what we could out of her and then let her be.  By that time there was no reason to fight with her.  She was warn out but we are pretty sure she enjoyed it none the less. :)

No comments: